FALL SOFTBALL 2020 INFORMATION
* In-town fall ball softball program will be offered to girls who were in K through 8th grade as of spring 2020.
* All abilities are welcome, and the program will be very similar to our spring in-town program (with some modifications due to daylight and playing times).
We are planning a 4-6 week season starting in mid-September (the week of Saturday, 9/19) and ending in October. All grade levels listed below refer to GRADE THAT YOUR CHILD WAS IN DURING SPRING 2020. It is important to also note that there still remains uncertainty due to covid-19, so these details are subject to change.
· Seniors – (6th-8th grade as of Spring 2020) - 2 games per weekend; games on Friday and Sunday afternoon. Practices (not mandatory) once per week on a weekday. Playoffs planned weather permitting.
· Majors – (4th-5th grade as of Spring 2020) - 2 games per weekend; games on Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. Practices (not mandatory) once per week on a weekday. Playoffs planned weather permitting.
· Minors – (2nd-3rd grade as of Spring 2020) - 1 game per weekend; games will take place Saturday afternoon. Practices (not mandatory) once per week on a weekday.
· T-Ball – (K-1st grade as of Spring 2020) - one combo "skills training and game” session per weekend on Saturday afternoon (no weekday practice). (Note: Players in K as of 2020-2021 school year are not eligible for fall tball softball but are encouraged to register for spring 2021 later this fall.
While LLL is eager to get players on the field after a cancelled spring season, safety remains our top priority. While the state has given permission for softball games to be played in fall, any changes to state and local guidelines could potentially force LLL to cancel or cut short the fall ball season. LLL will continue to monitor state and local recommendations and given uncertainty surrounding the start and duration of the season, please note the following:
· There will be a $25 non-refundable administrative fee as part of registration, which will be used to cover uniform and PPE costs. In addition, should the fall ball season be cancelled or cut short, LLL will review at the time and notify families regarding possible credits.
· Please visit the LLL website for our most up to date safety guidelines that will be enforced & monitored during the fall ball season.
Registration will close on Tuesday, September 1st. You may register by visiting https://www.lexingtonlittleleague.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2327652 ,or by logging into your family account. Once logged in, find the family member you are registering; then select SOFTBALL and then the appropriate fall ball softball program.
- Note that GRADE LEVEL REFERS TO GRADE YOUR CHILD WAS IN DURING SPRING 2020.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to LLL Fall Ball Softball Coordinator Matt Cohen at [email protected]. We are excited for this fall season to begin, and we are thrilled to hopefully provide players who missed out on spring softball the opportunity to do so this fall. We hope you will join us for a safe, and fun fall season!