LEXINGTON LITTLE LEAGUE PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
We, the Lexington Little League, have implemented the following Sport Parent Code of Conduct for the important message it holds about the proper role of parents in supporting their child in sports.
Parents MUST read,understand and accept this form prior to their children participating in our league.
Any Parent guilty of improper conduct at any game or practice will be asked to leave the sports facility, board will be made aware and further discipline could be handed down.
The essential elements of character-building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: • Trustworthiness, • Respect, • Responsibility, • Fairness, • Caring, and • Good Citizenship.
The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character.” I therefore agree:
1. I as a Parent will not force my child or any other child to participate in sports.
2. I as a Parent will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
3. I as a Parent will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
4. I as a Parent will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
5. I as a Parent will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
6. I as a Parent will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
7. I as a Parent will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the athletes.
8. I as a Parent will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
9. I as a Parent will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
10. I as a Parent will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
11. I as a Parent will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
12. I as a Parent will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
13. I as a Parent will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
14. I as a Parent will promote the emotional and physical well being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
15. I as a Parent will respect the umpires and their authority during games and will never question their decisions.
16. I as a Parent acknowledge that Lexington Little League and Little League International have mandatory playing rules that must be followed. Once these requirements are met, I will never question or discuss a coaches decision nor will I confront a coach during a game. If I have concerns, I will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.