Dear Lexington Little League (LLL) Families,
We hope this email finds you healthy during this challenging time. As a follow up to our last email a couple of weeks ago about credits/refunds from the LLL spring season, please read below for next steps and instructions.
* There will be a required “hold-back” fee per registration (ranging from $22 to $35 per player), which LLL has worked hard to minimize across all divisions. Details are found under Hold-Back Breakdown by Division section.
* Each family has the option to receive their player’s remaining balance (registration fee less hold-back) either as a partial credit (no action required / default choice, LLL is asking families to consider as an option if possible) or as a partial refund (required Google form to be submitted below). Details are found in the Credit/Refund Option section.
BACKGROUND - LLL EXPENSES
Lexington Little League began in early March to closely review and manage our expenses for spring 2020 to prepare for the possibility of a shortened or cancelled season. In May, the decision to cancel the spring season was made. At that time the League determined that, as a non-profit organization with a volunteer Board and a part-time paid employee, it must implement a hold-back fee to cover incurred costs and help offset future season expenses.
Additional details behind the work done to implement hold-backs as low as possible:
- The Board was able to reallocate certain expenses, such as uniforms and equipment, towards Spring 2021. The League has already paid for these but will use them for next spring.
- We tried to eliminate some spring-specific and administrative costs by working with our partners to secure refunds where possible. In some cases we were able to cancel charges before they were incurred, in other cases we received credits to be applied towards spring 2021 (and thus not included in hold-backs), and in other cases some expenses were not refundable.
- LLL incurs administrative/overhead expenses that cannot be eliminated or reduced throughout the year to prepare for each spring season including the following:
- LLL employs a part-time Administrator, who manages registration, scheduling, social media and other day-to-day activities required to help run and promote our league throughout the year
- LLL pays for insurance, Little League charter dues and accounting oversight
- LLL incurs expenses for equipment storage costs.
- In addition, as part of our skills/development program, both baseball and softball had planned and paid for partial expenses related to pre-season clinics.
The League will need to continue to pay these types of expenses (and additional expenses, e.g. field maintenance/improvements) throughout the coming year to plan for future programs.
HOLD-BACK BREAKDOWNS BY DIVISION
Based on non-refundable administrative/program-specific expenses, the portion of the registration fee that is not available for credit or refund is broken out below by division:
Single A: $22
Double A: $35
Triple A: $35
We are asking families to consider two options below. Prior to making your decision, we ask you to kindly consider that LLL is a non-profit organization, and by accepting a credit for a future season, this will help LLL continue to plan for and provide future programs. While the Board hopes that many families will choose a credit, you should choose the option that works best for your family during this difficult time.
Option #1: Partial Credit towards future program registrations through Fall 2021
If you choose a CREDIT to receive your family’s remaining balance from your player(s) 2020 spring registration fees, no further action is needed.
- Credit can be used to register your child for summer or fall 2020 (both TBD), or spring, summer or fall 2021
- Over the next 2-3 months, we will credit family accounts in our system in small batches. It is a manual process (and newly created by our technology provider as a result of COVID-19), so we ask for your patience.
- If you have multiple players registered, keep in mind that we will do credits by division (vs. by family) so it may take time for your family’s account to reflect all sibling credits/transactions.
- If you have a player aging out of the league and you have other younger children enrolled, you may choose this option; the credit from the aging sibling may be used towards another sibling’s registration fees in the future.
Option #2: Partial Refund (received via Venmo or PayPal)
If you choose a REFUND for the remaining balance of your player(s) 2020 spring registration fee, please click on the link below and fill out the Google Form below by June 12th.
- Even if you had multiple players registered for spring, you only need to complete the google form one time (but you need to indicate each player in your family you are requesting a refund for).
- Over the next 2-3 months, we will issue refunds via Venmo and PayPal in small batches. It is a manual process, so we ask for your patience.
- If you have multiple players registered, keep in mind that we will do refunds by division (vs. by family) so it may take time for you to receive all player refunds transactions.
- If we don’t receive the Google Form refund request by June 12th, we will default to credit option for your family.
- Click here to access the LLL Google Form
We thank you for your continued patience and support of Lexington Little League during this difficult process and these challenging times for all LLL families and the greater community. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns and stay well.
- Lexington Little League Board